Monday, July 31, 2006

Rampage of Appreciation!

I just love this process. It is drawn from "Ask and It Is Given" by Esther and Jerry Hicks from the teachings of Abraham-Hicks. So here goes!

Today's rampage of appreciation:

The thing that I love most about today were the moments when I heard the chitter chatter of the birds outside the window.

I love that the sound of birds is a constant. In almost any environment, I am no more than a few steps away from somewhere that I can hear birds if I listen closely. Birds live in the moment...they're not focused on paying bills or planning for the future. They are just happy being alive in this moment, happy to be chattering away or foraging for food as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

I love that they reminded me that living in the moment is natural, that the tendency to live in the past or sometime in the future is a learned behaviour.

I love that the sounds of the birds today reminded me to stop for a moment and just be. It reminded me to look beyond myself to notice the patterns of the clouds forming outside the window and the detail of the leaf patterns on the trees that continue to grow whether they have my attention or not.

I love that the many different sounds of the birds reminded me how precious the differences in each of us are and that to be the same would be to live in a world of "gray".

I am so thankful and appreciative of the moments that I shared in blissful awareness of the neighbourhood birds today. Life is joyous and wondrous when we make the time to stop and notice in conscious awareness.

No comments: