Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hi ho, hi ho...it's off to weigh we go...

I think I'm getting the hang of this blog thing. Kind of strange though because it's like talking to everyone and no-one all at once. It messes with your mind...I wonder whether future generations will have millions of messed up "blogsters" who have overdosed on cyberspace and typed themselves into oblivion? Mmmm...mental note to self: "MUST GET OUT MORE!"

So it's weigh in night again. I haven't decided yet whether I look forward to the experience of the cold metal under my feet as the weights slide ever so precariously over the numbers that will determine my mood for the week ahead. Nerves are definitely present, but then again, that could just be hunger pains from denying myself dinner before I go so that I can be at my lowest possible weight. Me? Obsessed? It's not like I search frantically for the same outfit that I wore last week so that everything is the same, exactly the same!! I don't want to jinx myself, or feel fat all week because I wore a heavy jumper that should probably have had it's own WW membership. Seriously though...

Apart from the Chinese banquet episode, it's been a fairly good week. I've eaten within my points and even managed to save a few to splurge a little on my birthday dinner tomorrow. Psychologically it's been tougher though. I know that I need to exercise more as I have consistently been saving points during the week to spend on the weekend rather than earning extra points by exercising. I think I'm making it harder on myself by eating so little during the week and I can feel my brain starting to whisper "You don't have to do this you know. You could just stop. Even for one little, teeny, tiny day, you could just stop." The initial euphoria of quick weight loss is wearing thin and I feel like I just want to break free and have whatever I feel like. I've worked so hard though and I know that this has to be a lifestyle change. I need to incorporate the craving foods into my program and put some earplugs in to block out the little voice calling "eat me, eat me" from someone's plate of chips across the room.

I never realised that food had a voice until I joined Weight Watchers. Trust me, if you listen closely the next time a plate of chips pass by all cuddled up with a chicken parmiagana, you too will hear them whisper "all this could have been yours..."

No comments: