Friday, October 14, 2005

Happy birthday to...me!

Hmmm, 33 today...now what to do with myself? Sooner or later I will have to become a grown up but I'm thinking I can probably fool people for another year. After all, responsibility is over-rated...it's much more fun to put your feet up and just watch the world go by from a gently swaying hammock under a palm tree somewhere in the middle of...

I wish! But I do have the day off work today and I'm going away for a birthday weekend so I'm part way there. A girl has to have her indulgences after all.

I weighed in last night and I had lost another .7kg, which brings me to a grand total of 3.3kg in three weeks. Now that's a birthday present! I'm starting to notice that a few of my clothes no longer try to strangle me. Some of them even seem quite eager to go out now that they are not bursting at the seams and begging for early retirment so that a newer, more voluptous size can take their place. Not that it would be noticeable to anyone else as this stage, but I can see a few small changes here and there.

I need to remember that it is the small changes that will add up to a new me. Like that horrid, spoilt little girl in Charlie and the Chocolate factory, I feel like screaming "but I want it now!" Now, I tell you!! But the weight didn't just appear overnight so I'm guessing it's not likely to just disappear either. So it's one day at a time, one meal at a time, one snack at a time, one point at a time.

By this time next year, I will be a new me...on the outside anyway! Birthday cake anyone?

No comments: