Monday, October 10, 2005

Another day, another...

I wish the end to that phrase was "another kilo lost". But then again, after meals out on both Saturday night and for lunch on Sunday, I should probably be thankful that the scales are showing the same weight that they did on Friday.

I was so motivated on the weekend. I was going to stick to the food plan as well as I had for the first two weeks and nothing was going to get in my way...except maybe a Chinese banquet with friends! Not that the banquet was exactly my choice mind you. I did all my research before we left home and I knew just what I should and shouldn't eat, and I was hell bent on ordering a separate, "healthy" option no matter what. I was all set for a great night out when three faces turned to me with a sad look and uttered those fatal words: "The banquet needs four people..."

So what was I to do? I made the best of it and tried my hardest to stay away from the things I shouldn't eat. The spring rolls went to the boys and I sacrificed fried rice for steamed. I had a mere taste of the lemon chicken and the szechuan beef and only a single satay stick with most of the satay scraped off. I made sure that I had only one bourbon with Diet Coke. But when that Banana Fritter landed in front of me so golden and warm and gooey, I gave in. My resolve crumbled and I'm ashamed to say that I ate it, and the ice cream too for good measure. And I loved every minute of it.

So maybe the scales haven't budged, but they haven't gone up either.

The moral of the story? Banana Fritters are food for the soul. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: