Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bits and pieces...

Okay, so being back on Weight Watchers is going well so far. I'm on No Count and it's Day 3 and I've only had one little treat (a plain Freddo for 1 1/2 points). I haven't really found it too difficult even though I've been working from home. I find that I'm more likely to snack on junk when I'm working from home, perhaps because the food is readily available. I'm trying to save most of my 21 points for the weekend so that I can treat myself a little when I'm out.

I've also managed to drink 1.2 litres of water each day, mixed with the 4.3.2.1 herbal supplement. This is a lot for me as I generally don't drink even one glass! I figure it makes sense to aim for two 600ml bottles each day rather than set myself up for failure by expecting to go from nothing to 2 litres immediately. I can already see a change in my skin...it looks clearer and brighter than it has for some time, so that's an added benefit.

On a completely different topic, the information pack and photo arrived today for the little girl that I have sponsored through World Vision. I am so excited about sending her a letter and adding a little extra hope into her life. Looking at her photo today reinforced to me yet again that I am very fortunate and that sharing that fortune with someone who knows only poverty and hunger is the least that I can do to show my gratitude.

I have been listening to Dr Wayne Dyer's CD's and Podcasts any chance that I can get. He really is very inspirational and so positive about life and our inherent ability to determine our own future and happiness. Great listening if you get a chance!

That's probably it for me today. Keep smiling and don't forget to take the time to think of 5 things that you are grateful for today! Share them in my comments section...I'd love to know what others are grateful for.

No comments: