Thursday, June 22, 2006

Time to think about someone other than myself.

I've thought about sponsoring a child at various times over the last few years but I never put those thoughts into action. I guess I was too caught up in my own life and it was something that I would get around to "one day".

Being so happy in my new career has made me realise once again just how fortunate I am to have choices..choices to work where I want to, eat and drink what I want to and pursue the dreams that I want to.

Now I am choosing to give something back by sponsoring a little girl in Ethiopia. At only eight years old, I'm sure that she has endured more hardship than I can even imagine. Hopefully my small contribution will help this little girl and her community in some small way.

If you would like to sponsor a child, visit www.worldvision.com.au . It only takes a minute but it will change the life of a child as well as their family and community potentially for a lifetime. You may even save a life.

No comments: