Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Let's try again...

I joined Weight Watchers again this morning and this time I'm starting at 73.7kg. Not as bad as I thought but still disappointing that I let all my hard work unravel. Not to worry...we can only live in the moment.

I was very disappointed when I joined my new meeting this morning. I knew that I needed to sign up as a new member again due to the time lapse and I had a free registration coupon so that wasn't a problem. But here's the sting!

Despite having 8 pre-paid coupons left (which are valid for 12 months from date of purchase), I had to pay cash for a meeting fee and give up a pre-paid coupon as well! I basically paid twice for the one meeting!

The leader argued black and blue that she was right, even when I pointed out that nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say that a rejoining member must pay twice for the first meeting simply because they have pre-paid coupons remaining. Sure, if I was an active member and I missed some weeks I would have to forfeit a coupon as "back pay" to keep my membership active, but not when I am rejoining all over again after a lapse. In other words, if it weren't for the free registration coupon, I would have paid the registration fee of $33.00 plus $17.95 cash for a meeting fee plus a pre-paid coupon worth $17.95!

I was seething through the whole meeting and was so close to demanding my money back and walking out. I decided though that my health was more important than some unfriendly leader and I tried to get as much from the meeting as I could.

After the meeting I rang WW and they were so lovely. I was put through to someone who could actually address the problem and she took the time to fully understand what had happened. As I had expected, it was the leader's error and the lovely person at the State office is sending me a free meeting coupon to replace the one that I incorrectly had to pay today.

Now that is what I call the best and worst of customer service in action! Big thumbs up to the Call Centre and State office team. WW have retained a happy member due to their empathy and willingness to address an issue.

I must say that until now I have been very lucky with meetings and with leaders, so if you are thinking about joining WW, it's definitely worth it!

No comments: