Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's the little things...

I was just sitting here thinking back over my day and it made me realise that it truly is the little things, the tiniest details that add up to make us feel "lucky" or "in the flow" each day. Below are some of the highlights of my day...each one is small on it's own but focus on enough little moments of joy and soon you have a lifetime of happiness:

* sitting on the front step with my laptop whilst the sun went down and the birds said goodbye to the day
* cuddles from my kitty
* finding a ticket for the makeup that I was looking for at 20% off and then unexpectedly discovering that they had more in stock
* catching a song on the movie "Sister Act 2" when I changed channels that made me feel inspired and alive
* trying Cadbury's Breakaway chocolate...mmm
* wearing an unusual top that I had purchased recently and feeling confident and fantastic
* singing out loud just because I felt like it
* my boyfriend accidentally putting maple syrup on my crumpets rather than honey and then discovering the taste sensation when you mix both together.

Little things I know, but they made my day!

No comments: