Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Oh Toto...I wish we were in Kansas!

Have you ever had one of those days when you wish you could click your heels and magically be somewhere else? Well, let me tell you, Dorothy had nothing on me today! I swear I even thought about running away to join the circus until I remembered that I don't particularly like clowns and I'm afraid of heights. Somehow scooping up elephant poop just didn't really appeal either...at least not in this heat.

I wonder sometimes how many people are truly happy in their jobs? Not happy in the "I make good money" or "It's a fairly easy job" sense, but really, truly happy? Happy to be getting out of bed to spend their time doing something that they love. Happy to be going about their day feeling good about themselves and about the path that they have chosen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike my job. I work with great people who all pitch in to help one another when it all gets a bit too much. But I think it's true that it often only takes one apple to upset the apple cart. One apple who doesn't want to be a team player. One apple that wants to make fruit salad when everyone else is happily making fruit juice. Well this little apple thought about finding a whole other fruit bowl to play in today (mmm, food analogies...must be hungry...) The problem is that I have no idea what else I would do if I wasn't doing this.

On the upside, I was way too busy and stressed out to even think about food today, which means I have some points to spare for a treat tonight. I'm finding it much easier to eat within my points without feeling like I'm starving. I feel full on less food now, and I've discovered that a carefully measured portion of peanut butter on multigrain toast is a really filling breakfast. There must be something to this low GI theory that I keep hearing about after all.

Tomorrow night is official weigh in night and I'm really hoping to get my 5kg bookmark. Funny how a little piece of cardboard can mean so much. That bookmark will mean 5kg of unhealthy fat gone. I'll probably never use it as a placeholder for anything other than my "brag" book, but I really want that bookmark!! I started my program a few days before my first weigh in, so I also keep an unofficial weight loss tally. This morning it was sitting at 5.4kg - bookmark or no bookmark, this bookworm has chewed through some serious fat in the last 6 weeks!

No comments: